I’m not a major fan of the lemon+pudding combo, but recently after a few rather delicious lemon-flavoured desserts I have been converted.
My mother produced this tasty slice after finding a recipe on the back of a yoghurt pot.
Lemon drizzle cake: method:
- 125g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon: bicarbonate of soda
- 3 eggs
- 150g plain yoghurt
- 1 large lemon (zest and juice)
- Preheat overn, gas mark 5 (190c)
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Sieve dry ingredients together in a separate bowl (flour and bicarbonate)
- Add in spoons of yoghurt and flour, alternating between the two. Blend between additions.
- Stir in lemon zest/juice.
- Pour mixture into a greased, 18cm tin.
- Bake for 40-45mins until all risen.
- Icing: stir in lemon juice with icing sugar. Just before cake is ready warm the icing gently.
- Take out your cake, prick to test and then pour on the warmed icing.
- Enjoy. You’ll find this cake is super moist and fresh tasting….