This I think is the best chocolate cake slash pudding that you will ever consume. I’m pretty confident that anyone who likes chocolate and goo will go a bit crazy for this little piece of deliciousness.
My friend/partner in cooking crimes stumbled across this whilst putting together a menu for her ‘Come Dine With Me’ meal. (If you don’t know it’s a UK show where 4/5 people fight it off to hold the best dinner party). I am pretty sure she cannot fail with this amazing pudding.
Here’s the recipe: Thanks Curt
- butter, for greasing
- 90 g flour, plus extra for sprinkling
- 125 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids broken in pieces
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 65 g caster sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Place a baking tray in the oven to heat.
2. Grease the insides of four *ramekins with butter. Sprinkle with flour.
3. Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
4. Stir the butter into the melted chocolate.
5. Put the whole eggs, the yolks and the sugar in a large bowl or standing mixer. Whisk for 5-7 minutes until light and foamy.
6. Fold in the melted chocolate, then whisk in the flour.
7. Pour the mixture into moulds. Place on the hot baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until firm.
8. Run the tip of a knife round the edge of the mould. Turn out onto serving plates and add a few raspberries dusted with icing sugar.
We didn’t go for the whole rasberry thing this time but I’m sure it’s a great combo. However, it was darn delish with glorious carbalicious dollops of double cream.
*On a slightly separate but related note, we realised our love for the word “ramekin”