There is this great cook I know – Groovy Gaz – who I feel puts me to shame a bit when it comes to, what I see as my speciality (sponge-based food). Here’s GG’s amazing Oreo cupcakes, with a cookie on the top and the bottom they’re a true treat (and about your week’s worth of calories in one sitting, oops!)
Vanilla Cupcakes: Ingredients:
- 110 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 130 grams granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 195 grams all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 12 oreo cookies
Vanilla Cupcakes: Method
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners add an oreo cookie to the bottom of each case.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 17 – 20 minutes or just until set and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
- 300ml Whipped cream
- 18 oreos, 6 smashed into small pieces
- Whip cream until nearly whipped
- Add 6 smashed oreos and fold into cream
Top cakes with cream and finish with an oreo.