It’s cold and I need comfort food. Well hel-lo there 15-minute sponge pudding! You’re looking rather tempting…
I was delighted to stumble across this easy as anything recipe involving no-fuss, minimal ingredients and an appealing quarter of an hour turn-around which very much suits this evenings’ rather lazy but hungry (okay greedy) self.
Even a fool could cook this
I doubled the recipe I found, which made enough for about four to five bowls.
- 100g butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g self raising flour
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons of jam or syrup ( I went for Bonne maman jam, can’t go wrong)
- Custard if you fancy
- Mix in the butter and the sugar
- Add your milk and eggs at the same time
- Add the flour
- Now you’re ready to cook!
- Put about two teaspoons of jam at the bottom of each bowl. Share out te ixture between the four bowls (you’ll probably put about two tablespoons of mix per bowl)
- Put in the microwave. Cook on high power for 2 mins
- It’s ready already can you believe!
- Tip: It would be useful to have another pair of hands when making this to make sure the custard and sponge are ready at the same time.