This book taught me all I know when it comes to making delicious cheescake – The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. It is here where I was seduced by this delicious New York Cheesecake recipe…that was surprisingly easy to make – I always thought it could go embarrassingly wrong…but I have to say we didn’t make our own base, which maybe made the first time a little easier.
- 400g Creme cheese
- 2 Eggs
- Teaspoon of vanilla flavouring
- 100g caster sugar
- 1/2 Packet of digestive biscuits
Crush up the digestive biscuits in a bowl. Mix in a tablespoon of margarine or unsalted butter. Place it in the bottom of a cake tin and pop in the oven.
- Whisk the creme cheese, sugar and vanilla flavouring. Add in the eggs one at a time
- Once the mixture is getting quite thick it’s ready to go…Pour it on top of the biscuit base and put it in the oven for around 40 minutes…
- Then leave it in the fridge overnight.
- One night of waiting…waiting…then cut up some strawberries and you’re ready to go!
- Verdict: Despite being a cheesecake novice it all went very well – my tasters were very impressed….