Here’s the cakeormistake take on easter.
You will need:
- Sponge mixture:
- 225g unsalted butter
- 225g self-raising flour
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 Free-range eggs (to give it that extra wow factor)
- Icing sugar
- Writing icing tools
- Wine gums (for bunny teeth and chick beaks)
- You’re ready to go!
Method: Cake mixture:
- Preheat the oven, 180c
- Beat the butter and sugar together
- Add the eggs one at a time
- Add the flour
- Grease each cupcake holder (if you’re using silcon ones so they don’t stick)
- Put in the oven and you’re ready to go!
Cook for about 10 minutes
- Once cooled, slice the top off a heart-shaped cake.
- Cut the slice in half to make the ears
- Cover the top of the cupcake and the slice in chocolate spread
- Stick the ‘ears’ onto the cupcake (stick them on one side of the cake)
- Then draw on the face with black writing icing.
- Add teeth either by drawing them on with white writing icing, or cut up tiny pieces of marshmallow or a white wine gum.
- Easy-easter bunnies!
- Make some butter icing (beat together butter and icing sugar)
- Cover a cupcake completely in the butter icing. Place it down on its side rather than upright.
- Using a black writing icing pen draw eyes.
- Cut an orange wine gum into a beak shape
- Attach to the cupcake
- Cut two more pieces for the feet and slot them underneath the cake
- And there you go-cheeky chicks
Also check out these dog shaped cakes I came across…