This lookie-like graveyard cake was quick to make and looked pretty effective too!
It was inspired by the ghost cupcakes I tried and tested last week.
You will need:
(along with the cake ingredients)
- Jar of chocolate spread
- pack of biscuits
- Thick white icing
- Writing icing tools
How to make your own:
- Bake a cake, choose your own recipe, click here for a simple sponge mix.
- Once it’s cooked, leave it to cool for about half an hour.
- Spread chocolate spread on it.
- Cut slits in which you can slot the gravestones into.
- Cut biscuits in half and cover in a grey icing (i mixed black icing and a tiny bit of nutella to create a grey- like sludge)
- Stick the covered gravestones into the cake slits.
- Remember to draw stuff onto the gravestones to make them look like graves.
- I also made a few ghosts by covering them in white icing and drawing little faces on.
- Add any extra spooky designs you desire with writing icing tools
Taste: I’ll get back to you on that one- will test it on the party guests! (I’m thinking maybe icing overload though?!)
Cost: About £5. If you want to do it on the cheap, by some ready made cake mix, then all you need to add is an egg.
Looks: I thought it looked a bit sloppy, but I think it’s quite an effective halloween cake